January 05, 2011

January: The Plan


I'd originally thought I would just redo SBA's dress, but I crawled toward being awake this morning and remembered this drawing I did a while back. I think the fabric (above) is just the right weight to have some body, but not stiff enough to not fall nicely on my hips, otherwise I'll just look hilarious in my tutu-waisted dress!

I used a plus sized croquis that I found on google (originally from here) you'll seen soon enough though that I actually do most of my own illustrations now. I go to school at Cañada College in redwood city and they have some amazing classes including fashion illustration! One of the most engaging and fulfilling classes I've enjoyed in a very long time. They have one of the best fashion departments in the bay area (outside of SF).

No comments:

Post a Comment